View Single Post
Old 18th September 2015, 22:47

KennyK404 is on a distinguished road
Re: We need some help regarding KG 40 Bordeaux-Merignac

Early He111H: 1x MG15 in nose, 1x in dorsal position, 1x in rear of Ventral gondola. Some were field-modded to have an extra MG15 in the upper nose. Other field mods included MG15 in beam positions. Port was ALWAYS in the rear window due to the positioning of the radio equipment. Starboard side could be in either window.

A very, very few had a fixed MG15 (I think?) in the tail cone, firing rearward with no aiming.

Later on, the beam positions were upgraded to MG81Z. Nose gun was changed to an MGFF. I believe some had MG131? The front of the ventral gondola was given an MGFF for ground strafing.

The dorsal position was later armoured and given a cover, with framing that reminds me of an armadillo. I believe there were multiple versions... on some, the cover was hinged and folded up, over the gunners head. Later H models had a power-turret with an MG131 in the dorsal position.

Because "so many" of the mods were done in the field, The defensive layout seems to be unit-specific.... ie if one gets beam guns, ALL get beam guns. (only fair, right? )

Camo layout: http://109lair.hobbyvista.com/111/lu...l-70.71.65.jpg Some planes had the same scheme, but reversed left-right (as if seen in a mirror.) Wellenmuster was unique to each plane if applied.

I am more than happy to be corrected on any point.