View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2017, 08:28

JYoung is on a distinguished road
Re: Tainan Ku questions

Hi Michel

>Nishiyama’s given name
In Japanese documents, names are written with Chinese characters. In Japanese, most of Chinese characters have more than one pronunciation. Thus Chinese characters of Nishiyama’s given name have lots of choice in pronunciation including “Shizuki” and “Shizuyoshi.”

I do not know the correct pronunciation of his given name (strictly speaking there is possibility that his family name was not pronounced “Nishiyama.” But in my experience, the Chinese characters of his family name are hundred to one pronounced “Nishiyama”). Thus those Japanese names’ pronunciation which I gave in my previous answer were mere a kind of my opinion which I think those Chinese characters are usually pronounced.

On the other hand, the same Chinese characters are written as Nishiyama’s given name in all kôdôchôshos of Tainan, 6th, and 204th Flying Groups. It is safe to say those Nishiyamas were the same person.

>27 Feb. 1942 the other 6 pilots
Correction: LT Yukio MAKI (not MAKIN)
The other 6: Seaman 1C SHIMADA (I cannot read his given name), LTJG Jun-ichi SASAI, PO1 (PO2 is wrong in my previous answer) Susumu ISHIHARA, WO Senri ISOZAKI, PO1 Otojirô SAKAGUCHI, PO3 Kiyotake FUKUYAMA
Source: C08051602100, 45th, 46th images.

> Other questions
I am sorry that I do not look over more than kôdôchôshos. I only say “Kôdôchôshos say that ···”, and I do not think the kôdôchôshos are 100 % right.

Sorry for my poor English.
Best regards,
JY