View Single Post
Old 26th March 2015, 12:23
Alter Hase

ouidjat is on a distinguished road
Re: Nice photo find - German planes captured by British Paratroopers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Boak View Post
I'd also add that it is most unlikely to be an internal mounting for a rocket. Think for a moment about the rocket's exhaust.

As we know that Messerschmitt was intending an internal wing mounting for the cannon, then it will have been tried on an experimental aircraft before going into production, and the installation here appears to very close indeed to the other test example. Minor differences are only to be expected at this development stage.
Hello Graham,

Maybe you've read that comment "elsewhere" ... Doesn't matter anyway.
Effectively. But not only the exhaust .. The whole wing structure too should have been affected (Main spare first)

I'm not preoccupated by the differences between what is said to be the K-6 wing mock-up and that machine's photo since "minor différences are only to be expected at this development stage". This does make sense.
Note the wings have large G-10/K-4 wheel fairing on top as pointed by Goran times ago.

Last, it's just a suggestion not a "documented proof", indeed.
But with these MG108 pictures (two in fact) mock-up I think this is the best I can think about ... Until further notice/news.

Concerning cameras I see no reason to have developped such things when BSK16 was already available .. And for which purpose? Luftwaffe has always been looking for much more efficient guns to fight against the bombers .. And even against Spitfire since the beginning.

Regards, Franck.