View Single Post
Old 6th February 2020, 23:49
Alter Hase

edNorth is on a distinguished road
Re: Junkers 88 wreck part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriano Baumgartner View Post
zlatanmola,

I guess that ED answered your querry...this part seems NOT to be related to Ju 88 A-4...so it may be Ju 88A-5 Werk # 300267 "B3 + EH" (lost 2/12/1943) – 1./KG 54.

Of course, other losses on the area may have been reported too...I do not have the full list of losses over Bari and my knowledge of airframe part numbers is nil (zero).

You will find onto this Board a huge "Family" of brothers with the same interest, some real experts on their fields of knowledge (such Ed North), a lot of well known writers, sprog writers, modelists, novelists....all branches you can imagine. Someone surely will try to match your query. It has been 13 years I have been here and one of the most gratifying experiences, I assure you...a real pleasure to be here almost every day...do learn quite a lot!

Cheerio and maybe you do find more pieces of the wreckage...some of the new ones can bring the clue to the identity of the machine and its fate, crews, etc...

A.

Baumgartner

Part indentified (post #1) was (presumably) used on Ju 88 A-1 (older) thru A-17, if thats not clear - and that 300267 was truly a A-4 version aircraft - no way it be a A-5 as that version had been out of production for two years when A-4 300267 was assembled. And everybody now knows A-5 come before A-4, but shure, lots of A-5s were lost in and around Italy. Litterally thousands of Ju 88s were lost in Med area.
088/300267 Ju 88 A-4 B3+EH 1./KG 54 (Luftflotte 2)
OPS (F) missing (100%) unk location (Bari Harbour) 02.12.1943 (F Fw. Walter Klein, B Ofw. Hugo Hinsch, BF Uffz. Julius Rübel and BS Gefr. Paul Höfler missing) [Note: 2 losses in night 02.-03.12.43 of 105 aircraft force sent to attack Bari Harbour.]