View Single Post
Old 20th May 2012, 08:12
Alter Hase

Andreas Brekken is on a distinguished road
Re: 7 Feb 10 -Overclaimers v Reliable Claimers List

Hi

Just curious - what sources have been use for the lists? Someone must obviously have collected and cross-referenced all losses of both allied and axis air forces with a hitherto unknown degree of accuracy.

As one who has been trying to compile these I would be very interested in including this work in my own research. I am especially interested in the losses of the soviet air force, as such lists covering the entire war in the east on all front areas with aircraft serial numbers, locations and so on has been unavailable.

I naturally assume that this has been done before this list was published on the internet, especially when allied pilotes are listed, as it seems a lot of people are annoyed when their war heroes are listed as unreliable. Several of the names listed have been used as sources for publications that probably should be revised, with notes on their reliability as historical sources.

Regards,
Andreas B