View Single Post
Old 3rd January 2005, 22:52
Alter Hase

Roger Gaemperle is on a distinguished road
Confirmed Kills

Dear Peter,

Thanks for sending the link. I should have done this myself, sorry. FalkeEins is correct when stating that there were no longer "confirmed" kills. With my question I like to find out if the aircombat happened at all, which might be proovable still today.

As an example: I think I saw in an old FLUGZEUG magazine issue copies of a JG1 pilot's flight log book (I can't recall who it was) who claimed to have shot down a Tempest or Typhoon (can't remember which type it was). There is an entry that said someting like "enemy a/c effectively shot at". At least this is a proof that this pilot tried to shot down an enemy aircraft. If he was successful or not is yet another question (still not speaking of if he received a confirmation or not).

I am wondering if there is at least some sort of proof that Adolf Dickfield or Lt Bartz was enganged in an aircombat with P-47 with their He 162. Whether they shot down two P-47 or even got two "confirmed" kills is the next question, to which there probably cannot be found, as you correctly said, a definitive answer.

Kind regards,
Roger Gaemperle