View Single Post
Old 9th April 2018, 19:12
Alter Hase

Adriano Baumgartner is on a distinguished road
Re: 3 Squadron ORB help needed 1941 period

Dear Bruce, John, Chris and others,

I do thank you both for the kind help onto the biography of probably the Greatest Brazilian Military pilot ever...

This airman logged on the night of 7/8th July 1941: Affiliation. 1 exposure on A-20 Havoc I, which I managed to match on File AIR 27/33/14 with 2 pilots from 3 Squadron registering "Havoc Co-Op". So, number 1 matched!

On the night of 13/14th July the same crew reported (on A-20): 2 Exposures. There is NO correspondent entry on File AIR 27/33/14.
Does any of you can check on FILE AIR 27/33/15 if there is entries that night for some kind of Havoc co-operation flights that turned down? I only bought today Files AIR 27/33/14 and 16 to cross-check this...

Again, on the night of 3/4 August 1941, the crew reported: Affiliation + 2 exposures. NO similar entries (Havoc co-operation) were recorded onto File AIR 27/33/16. Perhaps there was NO Hurricanes flying that night....perhaps the Hurricanes were from 1422 Flight.....

On the night of 8th August there are two entries on File AIR 27/33/16 that seems to match the entry for one Affiliation flight on Havocs by the same crew....so perhaps a 100% match!

However on the night of 11th August, the 3 Squadron ORB do not inform any kind of opperational flight (AIR 27/33/16)...so, perhaps the "Affiliation with 1 exposure" recorded was done with Hurricanes of 1422 Flight...

On the night of 18th August we do have a match on AIR 27/33/16 for an Affiliation flight recorded....and on the night of 22nd August we do have 4 Havoc co-op flights recorded...so good chances indeed.

And...finally on the night of 31st August, we do have 3 Havoc co-op flights on AIR 27/33/16..so probably a good match.

IF you do have access to Files AIR 27/33/15 and /17 (Summary of Events) for the months of July and August 1941, can you check for me, IF on those dates there are mention to flights with Havocs? I have not acquired those, only the Records of Events...perhaps later...

I can inform that thanks to some of you, were are now finishing another extense biography of some 400+ pages, paying Homage to an incredible airman, forgotten by many.

MANY of you ARE already REMEMBERED as WINGMANS and CO-AUTHORS onto this Tribute and am sure, you will be thanked too, by the Family Members of this airman, that were contacted here and are helping onto this Tribute...Am just a small bridge between the Past and the Future - trying to preserve what our Country forgot to (and should) remember and Honour.

DENNIS, GOSS and ENGELSTED you certainly know what I am at...and you both are already recorded and acknowledged onto this another tribute....It has been more than 5 years of researches now....There are some almost 100 persons flying along me and with me on this tribute to Honour a Hero. As you may imagine, countless were the hours on scans, digitalizing, cross-checking files, books, documents, interviewing, etc...and I do not a SINGLE PENNY for myself from that....

AM AGAIN IN DEBT WITH YOU AND OTHER MEMBERS OF THIS FORUM...REALLY!

Adriano Silva Baumgartner, ASV 00.344
baumgartner_asv@yahoo.com.br

Dear Mr. Martin, I remembered one saying that is (or still may be) at Alhambra, in Spain, a place I visited while a kid, with my late father, who was doing his PhD in France, where we lived as a Family during 4 years: "Cry as a woman what you have not succeeded in obtaining or conquering as a man"....

Your answer prompted me to move forward...only me and other persons do know what I have passed through to write this book I am finishing. One day all those involved will be rewarded, am sure....including the WINGMANS quoted here...to whom I am eternally in debt.....