View Single Post
Old 28th October 2018, 18:21

GMichalski is on a distinguished road
Re: Moelders vs Galland vs Wick

Grupo 21. Day's losses include Eduardo Gonzalez Casola of 1e Esc. KIA, Shugurov Ilya G. (Шугуров Илья Григорьевич) On June 10, 1938 in Spain was a squadron commander of I-16. Made 6 sorties, participated in two air battles. In the evening, July 19, 1938, was mortally wounded in battle Me: c-109 in the El Toro and crashed in the mountains of the Levant. He was buried near the settlement Utiel. The other pilot-16 Eduardo Gonzalez Casola was able to leave the plane, but the parachute was burned and crashed MIA. One I-15 lost probably by anti-aircraft fire. Also Nikolai Romanov Романов Николай Алексеевич) Esc 5ª Moscas wounded but managed to bring and put the damaged aircraft to their base. Explosive bullet wounded him in the leg.
.World War II in September 1941, commanded the 429 th Fighter Regiment. October 18, 1941 was killed in an air battle near the village of Copper Kalinin district of Tver region

"The wingman is absolutely indispensable. I look after the wingman. The wingman looks after me....."
Francis S. "Gabby" Gabreski,

"The first rule of all air combat is to see the opponent first."
Adolf Galland