View Single Post
Old 23rd March 2012, 16:18
Alter Hase

edNorth is on a distinguished road
Re: Frontreparaturbetrieb GL 2565 Junkers

Larry,
Thank you again for the Airfields History overview. It answers and explains a lot for me on the matter and is very useful. Similarities are, as I have seen from looks into RAF Station records some years ago.
Wikipedia might be of interest to some - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Werwolf_%28Wehrmacht_HQ%29 - This airfied probably also served as a partial base-link for flights to/from Germany. Some leaders, f.e. AH staying in one of his secret HQ only 20 km away to the south, an Fw 200 (CE+IC) known have visited Kalinowka, likely connected to Generalīs transport.

My question aim was towards Junkers activites there, particularily if them Romanian Ju88s were perhaps repaired/overhauled there or if somebody might have FBīs of pilots ferrying of them in/out of there.

Question remains if records of Fl.H.Kdtr. E 8/IV (Jul 42, Dec 42, Jan 43); Fl.H.Kdtr. E 28/III (c. Mar – Nov 43) are somewhere and mention this transfers. I can not check in BA-MA myself (too far away/cost of travel too much) but wonder if some one already have already notes/pages from there.

Best regards
Ed