View Single Post
Old 24th November 2008, 00:34
Alter Hase

Larry Hickey
Re: The Eagles Over Europe (EOE) Project

Kari, et. al.,

Good question. At present, the beginning of the project is 1.9.39, with the German invasion of Poland, but we have gathered loss/victory materials for the Russo-Finnish War, leaving that an open issue for now. Regarding other countries, this project covers in minute detail the air operations involving all countries involved, not just the Luftwaffe.

This is a Luftwaffe interest board, so I might have over-emphasized the Luftwaffe side of things in my postings.

Regarding John Vasco's comment about Rubensdörffer's 110, I feel that we have enough info now to do a 99% accurate color profile of his aircraft, but I'll keep searching John. Never fear. It's out there and we'll get it.

To Jim's question, about the EOP series, there are two volumes in print, three more finished except for final editing and layout (Rampage of the Roarin' 20's, Saga of the Sun Setters, Ken's Men Against the Empire), plus a two-volume history of the 3rd Bomb/Attack Group (Harvest of the Grim Reapers--Vol I & II) is well down the pike. Beyond that are possible future volumes on the 35th Fighter Group and the Tainan Kokutai, as well as another major Japanese history.

Regards,