Thread: To Ruy Horta
View Single Post
Old 25th March 2005, 17:34

Christer Bergström is on a distinguished road
Re: To Ruy Horta

I have noticed how Mr. Franek Grabowski crops up with sinister provocations directed against me in almost all threads where I participate. Now this is my personal view. I may be wrong; maybe I have just misunderstood a serious researcher. Anyway, all exchanges of views between me and Mr. Grabowski tend to end in personal attacks - on the initiative of Mr. Grabowski, in my view. Mr. Grabowski seems to have something personal against me.

Anyway, and nevertheless and even if I am wrong, in order to avoid any repetition of what I would diplomatically like to call "misunderstandings" in the future, I have decided to refrain from discussing with Mr. Grabowski.

I regard Mr. Grabowski as what is called with an Internet term a troll (who nevertheless sometimes, depending on who he talks to, also can be serious), and the golden rule regarding trolls on the Internet is to ignore them. Hence my refusal to answer his last posts. But since I was accused even for my attempt to avoid getting drawn into a heated controversy with Mr. Grabowski, I think it is time for me to say my last word on or to Mr. Franek Grabowski. I think that his behaviour is a pity, since he has contributed with many valuable insights (not least regarding Polish airmen), but for the good of this board, I have decided that it is best if he and I don't talk here. I'm sure everyone else here agrees. I also am sick and tired of getting lumped together with Franek in sweeping comments (lacking any concrete reference) by Ruy.

I find it sad that one has to waste his time with posts such as this. It is, after all, the result of lacking moderator activity. I would like to see harsh moderation where all abusive posts or abusive parts of posts are deleted, and warnings issued to the abusors - of course with concrete reference to exactly what was abusive. Then the discussions can flourish, and no one has to avoid topics which some people due to their various bias regard as controversial - as long as the topic is related to WW II aviation.

Christer Bergström

http://www.bergstrombooks.elknet.pl/