View Single Post
Old 11th March 2005, 23:38

klemen
Hi Stefaan!

Quote:
Sorry I never replied.Never got a notification of your reply.
If that is qouted it must be right.ptobably flew from Kenya or vicinity.
From Mombasa and Malindi? Perhaps. There were some anti.submarine air units stationed there, so it is possible that they were trasnfered from there to the Comores to protect the Mozambique Channel.

Quote:
I don't know about whivh units but will try to find out
Thank you Stefaan. I would appreciate that very much. I couldn't and still can't identify these air units on the Comores. I tried to do that by looking at the database of Diego Suarez cemetery, but all I could find is a couple SAAF air mechanics who were killed or died on Magadascar without the name of the unit. I hope you will have more luck.

Quote:
If you see the book you'll see that the history is illustrated with photographs.
Aha, I understand. There was a small misunderstandment. I thought you think a pictorial book, what I of course understood as book full of photos and little text. More like a photo album, so to speak.

BTW: While we are already at this can you recommend which is the best book to describe the air and ground campaigns of the South African army on the Island of Magadascar during 1941-42?

lp,

Klemen