View Single Post
Old 20th March 2007, 01:10

Jochen Prien is on a distinguished road
Re: Corrections and Additions

Dear Boris,

many thanks for your corrections and suggestions. They remind me again that you cannot trust any caption on the backside of contemporary photos. At the same time - without personal knowledge of the countryside I have no ways of telling right from wrong. Therefore I'm grateful for any constructive input.

p. 244 - the official PK-caption placed this photo at " Deta near Arad." Normally these official captions are quite reliable, so what makes you so sure that this photo was actually taken at Bijeljina ? Don't get me wrong, I'm not mistrusting your comment, I just want to what your correction is based upon.

p. 252 - thank you.

p. 254 - time and place were quoted according to the loss return.

p. 281 & 282 - I take it that Skoplje a/f had no hangars like the one shown here so that this airfield would be ruled out. However, neither of the Greek airfields you mentioned offered anything like those hangars that can be seen here. So the location of these photos must be left open to discussinon for the time being.

p. 312 - thank you

p. 311 / 312 - no, Herbert Ihlefeld obviously filed no claim for the Potez on April 6th, 1941

Kind Regards

Jochen Prien