View Single Post
Old 6th October 2018, 00:00
Alter Hase

edNorth is on a distinguished road
Re: Ju 52 - beginning of Bernburg production?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerhard View Post
The first confirmed Bernburg-built Ju 52 is WNr 5912.
There may have been a few earlier examples built at Bernburg, and, for some time, the lines at Dessau and Bernburg seem to have been run in parallel.
Gerhard
No, no. No there was no Bernburg "production" per se.
Just assembly - wings, engines, undercarriages and tails mated to fuselage, test and delivery. Period.

Bernburg/Strenzfeld was only assembly location, fuselages were from Junkers Zweigwerk-Aschersleben, like Ju 87 and Ju 88.
Wings come from elsewhere etc. I find this strange still these errors abound. This has been stated many time, is marked on every dataplate
(one just has to know how to look)and I have this also verified from Junkers Aschersleben records in Bundesarchiv.
Ju 52/3m fuselage (parts) also come from Leipzig, and ABC program had more variation on production.

Image upload tonight at tinypic seems broken. Have some pages here of Ju 52/3m fuselages "taktstrasse" at Aschersleben,
both old line and newer. Whilst figuring out upload possiblilities, I also remember having actual Ju 52 fuselage production chart from FZA (Aschersleben)
and Serie chart for 1941-1942. But this is far more complex than practical to do here.

Last edited by edNorth; 6th October 2018 at 00:57. Reason: additions