View Single Post
Old 4th January 2018, 23:44

25Kingman49 is on a distinguished road
Re: Chi Chi Jima incident, Japanese War Crimes

Rich,
Thanks for the pass on me being AAF centric. It gets worse, my primary focus is the Manhattan Project (MP) weapon(s) development and delivery. Searching this forum it appears this material is not a very popular topic without digressing toward the "use" subject which is polarizing to many. Likely my contribution to this forum on that topic will be limited. Might post a test thread data / history only to judge acceptability or if it leads to the same dark alley, We'll see.

Presently am enjoying this "new" to me Navy experience related to CV with fleet and air operations; old dog new bone, life is good! The USN played a far more significant role in the MP than normally offer to the public it seems, from Los Alamos weapons design/development to Naval Construction Battalion building the operational base at Tinian. All too often overlooked because the AAF dropped the bombs.

All way off topic to this thread.

This Chichi Jima thread appears to be drawing to a close. Thanks again to all those who contributed. This was an unknown topic to me until contacted by Don Farrell on 28 Dec 2017. Interesting how some of these topics are hiding in plain sight until someone brings them up to the top of the search queue.

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."- referenced - J. Robert Oppenheimer