Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 26th October 2006, 15:07

Horst Kube
Ehrlers JG 7 ring?

From an auction I bought a siver ring which has the greyhound emblem of JG 7 on top. The ring is marked inside 800, wears the date 27.2.1945 and the initials H. E., see pics.

The former owner told me, his uncle, who served in WW II on an airfield as armourer, got the ring as a present from a pilot. A silversmith told me the material is "from the time" and should be no after war production.

Now I presume, that the ring c o u l d be from Major Heinrich Ehrler, as some sources say, Ehrler came to Brandenburg-Briest on that day, see Boehme, Jagdgeschwader 7, page 204.

Could this be right, or is it a fake and/or has anyone ever seen a similar ring from JG 7?

TIA, brgs, Horst

Last edited by Horst Kube; 23rd August 2007 at 05:57.