Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Allied and Soviet Air Forces

Allied and Soviet Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the Air Forces of the Western Allies and the Soviet Union.

Old 25th February 2014, 01:29
Awaiting Confirmation

stevehnz is on a distinguished road
Looking for info of whereabout of 464sqn Mosquito crash, 9th Oct 1943.

My uncle was the navigator in this plane that crashed on the outskirts of Antwerp returning from an abortive strike on an aero engine plant near Woipy (?) on this date. Apparently the pilot accidentally dropped their bomb load while flying at very low level & the ensuing exposion destroyed the aircraft killing both crew members. They are buried in the Schoonselhof CWG cemetery in Antwerp & I'm intending to visit there later this year. I only found out the circumstances of their demise a couple of years ago, having always believed them to have been victims of aerial or ground fire. I'd like to be able to visit the crashsite if possible & also pay tribute to any Belgian victims of the crash too, perhaps even meet with any surviving family members &/or descendents. I'll be posting this over at RAF Commands as well.
Sorry if this is the wrong place for this sort of query, any help very much appreciated.
Steve.