Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Allied and Soviet Air Forces

Allied and Soviet Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the Air Forces of the Western Allies and the Soviet Union.

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1  
Old 1st January 2021, 19:14
harri109 harri109 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 47
harri109 is on a distinguished road
Hurricane V6742 enquiry

Hello all

Happy New Year! I’m sure it’s been said ad nauseam, but let’s hope 2021 brings much better times.
I’m trying to find out about the history of Hawker Hurricane V6742 and was wondering if any Hurri experts might be able to help. I know the aircraft crashed on the 30th April 1941, whilst at 52 OTU. However I’m interested to know it’s earlier history and specifically the Battle of Britain period. I’ve come across a reference to V6742 force landing on 5th October 1940 whilst with 607 Sqn, but I’ve also seen a different serial number quoted (P3554) and that the Pilot baled (P/O David Evans)? Any help or clarification would be much appreciated.

many thanks
Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Moelders vs Galland vs Wick Nick Hector Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces 26 3rd November 2018 13:26
Hurricane & Spitfire code letters and serial numbers Peter S Allied and Soviet Air Forces 6 27th December 2010 20:27
German claims and Allied losses May 1940 Laurent Rizzotti Allied and Soviet Air Forces 2 19th May 2010 11:13
Rudolf Mueller: claims vs actual 'kills' Sanchez Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces 26 21st December 2007 15:17
Star of Africa Claims Buz Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces 5 8th January 2005 12:28


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 20:31.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2004 - 2026, 12oclockhigh.net