Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17th January 2011, 23:41

ksuther is on a distinguished road
Gerd Kahle Luftwaffe test pilot?

Hello,
Would anyone know where i could find confirmation that Gerd Kahle was a test pilot/pilot for the Luftwaffe and if so when. I know that he was shot down over the Firth of Forth but don't know when he trained or what division he was in.

I should add that this fellow served as the pilot for a 3-person expedition to the Amazon on behalf of the third Reich and Himmler. He was chosen because of his fighter pilot experience - however I am finding it extremely difficult to find any information about his military experience.
Any information would be helpful.
Thank you.

Last edited by ksuther; 18th January 2011 at 02:01. Reason: incomplete

Tags
test pilot