Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Allied and Soviet Air Forces

Allied and Soviet Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the Air Forces of the Western Allies and the Soviet Union.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 15th October 2011, 17:31

Mysticpuma is on a distinguished road
George Preddy's final mission. How many kill markings did he have before Dec 25th 1944 and how many kills that day?

Forgive the abrupt question in the title but I had to get as much information in in one title

I have looked at (profile) pictures of Preddy's Mustang but most actually show it with markings for all his kills.

The information I am hoping to find is how many kill markings he would have been carrying on the morning before he took off for his final mission as he wouldn't have had his aircraft marked with those he shot down that day!

Following on from that question, how many kills did Preddy score that day and of those he did score, was one of them the FW-190 he was vectored in to chase and which ultimately led to him being shot down by friendly fire.

I have read conflicting reports that he was killed chasing it, while others say he had shot it down and was then shot down himself?

I appreciate your patience as I search for answers to my questions,

cheers, MP