Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 25th January 2014, 22:43
Alter Hase

researcher111 will become famous soon enough
Luftwffe & captured Allied Flt.Gear

I am trying to understand if there was a Luftwaffe directive prohibiting their pilots to use captured flight gear. I don't want to enter into Nazi and WWII German plunder endless topics, but understand why some Lufwaffe pilots were permitted to use Allied flight jackets and thermic flyers coveralls . I am not sure as into Moelders jacket's origin though it had some similarity with the standard Russian Army severe weather jacket.

Likewise if there were cases of Allied pilots flying wih German flight garments ( other than Russians )

Last edited by researcher111; 27th January 2014 at 22:23.