Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1  
Old 3rd February 2015, 17:15
robertaffe robertaffe is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 5
robertaffe is on a distinguished road
Me 262 B-1a/U1 ‘Red 8’

I am looking for the base color for the fuselage of this particular aircraft. So far, I have found:

AIMS' color suggestion is rlm02
here - http://www.aimsmodels.co.uk/1-32/Dec...decals_13.html

Richard Franks, in his Airframe and Miniature book on the Me 262, suggests RLM 76 upper surfaces, lightly over sprayed with RLM 02

Jerry Crandell say's the late war “sky colors” were used on me 262's
here - http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/in...showtopic=8510

I believe the answer I am looking for is “We will never know”, but I thought I would see what comes up here. Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Me 262 Aufklärer & tactical numbers (NAG 1 & 6, III/EJG 2) Kari Lumppio Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces 5 6th August 2012 14:04
"Messerschmitt Me 262 and its Variants", by Manfred Griehl Richard T. Eger Books and Magazines 1 2nd August 2012 01:30
"Messerschmitt Me 262 Production & Arado Ar 234 Final Operations," Luftwaffe Over Czech Territory - 1945: IV., JaPo Richard T. Eger Books and Magazines 2 1st August 2012 23:01
9 April 1945: Me 262 claimed damaged by 617 RAF Squadron Lancaster gunner Roger Gaemperle Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces 0 3rd August 2009 12:49
Baer's Red Thirteen 262 joachim doerr Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces 4 13th September 2008 23:04


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 02:51.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2004 - 2026, 12oclockhigh.net