Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24th September 2007, 14:10
Alter Hase

Roger Gaemperle is on a distinguished road
Luftwaffe photos & items collection

Hello,

As some of you may know that I not only collect Luftwaffe related items but am also writing a book about the technical and political development of the Me 262. It was my experience so far that I couldnot have started to write a book or find many of my personal collection's treasures without the help of others.

Thousands of collectors, historians and aviation enthusiats search online for collectibles, documents, photos, etc. on a daily basis. Probably more than 90% of what they discover might not be useful for them, but for others. Even though the majority of people can't share their findings with other enthusiats as there is just too little time to do that in ones daily life, I want to make the first step and share some of my findings in a regularly updated blog. The regularity depends of course very much on my available free time which is very limited from time to time. But I'll give my best.

But first I want to receive your feedback. I followed the discussions about Ed West's posts. I do not want to harm andybody but rather help other enthusiats with their research, collections and passion.

The blog's format is very open and I won't focus only on photos or auction items but also other items and even personal experience of my collectors/historian's life. Hence, I don't want to copy/past Ed West's excellent list of links but rather offer an addition to that list and also offer many other things.

Please have a look and feel free to add comments to my posts.

http://lwcollectibles.blogspot.com/

Best regards
Roger Gaemperle