Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #2  
Old 18th July 2008, 20:49
Larry Hickey Larry Hickey is offline
Alter Hase
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Boulder, Colorado USA
Posts: 2,982
Larry Hickey
Re: Need help to ID Flugbuchs of Walter Poland (unit unknown) and FNU Voget (II./JG3) in 1940

Hello,

Thanks to an e-mail from Rob van den Nieuwendijk, I now know that the Voget FB is from Fw-Ofw Hans Voget of 4./JG3. He was apparently with II./JG3 from its formation until at least 2/41, and then appears to have gone into night fighters, as he began flying Bf109s with "G9" codes fairly often after that.

Voget ususally flew "White 6" from 4./JG3 during the French Campaign and Battle of Britain periods. If anyone has, or is aware of any photos of his "White 6" during this period, I would appreciate hearing about it. I have one of "White 6" from the spring of 1940, but without the II. Gr insignia. However, I'm now looking for others now that we have his aircraft number identified. I'd especially appreciate a photo of his aircraft with the II Gr insignia, and the added mottled effect added to II./JG3 a/c for the Battle of Britain.

So now all I need is info on Walter Poland, and the index of about 150 Luftwaffe FB we have for the 1939-40 period will be reasonably complete. I'm most interested in exchanging FB with others who have them from that period as reference material for the "Eagles over Europe" project, which is projected to tell the definitive history of the air war during 1939-1940.

Regards,
__________________
Larry Hickey
Eagles Over Europe Project Coordinator
http://airwar-worldwar2.com
Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 22:44.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2004 - 2026, 12oclockhigh.net