Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #4  
Old 13th June 2009, 17:44
mjbollinger mjbollinger is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Great Falls, Virginia, USA
Posts: 82
mjbollinger is on a distinguished road
Re: I./KG 40

Thanks Brian et. al.,

How reliable are these K reports. I've yet to come across other indications of I./KG 40 being equipped with Hs 293 -- though that of course does not rule it out. And on the date in question, 1./KG 40 was not operating from Bordeaux-Merignac but Orleans-Bricy. Could this be a case of mistaken identify and the aircraft here really from 4./KG 40? One aircraft from that unit was also shot down that night.

As for the accounts of 1./KG 40 and 2./KG 40 being involved in attacks, I can certainly accept that given the available evidence. Does the report say specifically they were engaged in missions with Hs 293 weapons?

Thanks,

MB
Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Heinz Baer's vic total NickM Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces 12 21st February 2010 15:59
I./KG 51 losses on 28 April 1942 Laurent Rizzotti Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces 2 29th April 2009 22:42
II/KG 4 at Amsterdam, Jun 40 Chris Goss Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces 9 17th October 2008 13:18
I.ZG76 April/mai 40 RT Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces 2 19th July 2008 14:08
Looking for ID of insignia on Stab I./KG 51 a/c 1940 Larry Hickey Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces 2 7th February 2007 03:44


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 22:40.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2004 - 2026, 12oclockhigh.net