|
Re: 1º Gruppo Caccia activity - 19 Mar 44
Hello Ferdinando --
Thank you very much for the reply -- I wondered why you didn't mention the 19 Mar mission in your Squadron/Signal Reggia Aeronautica Vol. 2!
My source for the 19 Mar 44 mission is the OKL Luftlage Karte from the BA-MA (Kart 44/1661). The March maps don't list the units, which have to be implied, but show as flying under Jafü Oberitalien:
18 Bf 109s (8 Werfer) up from Maniago [this must be I./JG 53]
24 Bf 109s (9 Werfer) up from Lavariano [this must be I./JG 77]
22 + 12 Mc 205s up from Campformido [if not 1º Gruppo Caccia, who?]
AFAIK, the ANR had no other fighter units at this time (not of this size, at any rate), and II./JG 77, which had flown Mc 205s earlier, was back on Bf 109Gs and was on the Anzio front, not in N Italy.
You are the best person I know of to solve this puzzle. I look forward to your next post.
Don
|