|
Re: Info on personalize luft bayo
Thanks Larry and the rest of you guys. The blade had more information on it than I thought you would want to deal with on this site. One of them appears to be an old reference of an HJ motto as well as a different version of " In Memory Of Service Time ". The blade is engraved on both sides and the spine. These are a poor mans etches by the owner, when they can't afford the factory etch. I have numerous examples that were owner done, as well a few that were done by jewelers and monogramed. This is the only Luft piece I have. I have seen two others in colllections.
Since this is out of my area, could someone post a pic of this type of aircraft? And does M. Busch have a first name? It would be really nice to place a name with an item. Daggers with this type of info are generally easier to find more info about since they're generally for officers. Unfortunately this blade isn't dated like I have seen. I have a first war Honor bayonet, factory done, given for bravery in combat. He's a Sergeant, abbv. of his first name and full last name. This would be very hard to find since he was an enlisted man.
Regards, Steve.
|