Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Memorial Cards

Memorial Cards Please use this forum to discuss the Memorial Cards and/or Wartime obituaries.

Old 25th June 2024, 10:11
Alter Hase

rickback4444 is on a distinguished road
Infformation concerning loss of Uffz. Josef Weishäupl - killed 25.12.44

Hi,

Can anyone provide information on the loss of Uffz. Josef Weishäupl who was killed on the 25th December 1944.

Strangely, he has a comma after his name followed by Gotteszell. Not sure what is going on there?

Thanks for your help as always.

Rick
Old 26th June 2024, 18:20
Alter Hase

Brian Bines is on a distinguished road
Re: Infformation concerning loss of Uffz. Josef Weishäupl - killed 25.12.44

Hi Rick

I have had a copy of this memorial card for a while , I take it that Gotteszell is his home town ( Gottesriel on VDK site ). The card states he was killed in the West , that he held a wound badge had 6 years service and he that followed his two brothers . Not certain if this means he was the third brother killed or third into service .

The Grave record gives his dob as 12.11.1919 at Gottesriel and that he is buried at Daleiden .

I could not find his name on the losses for aircrew that I had for 25th Dec 44 , and am told it does not appear in the Balss Claims and Losses for December 1944 on that date.

The Memorial card said he belonged to a Fliegerstaffel perhaps even a Para . or Luft. infantry soldier ?

Regards
Brian Bines