Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Japanese and Allied Air Forces in the Far East

Japanese and Allied Air Forces in the Far East Please use this forum to discuss the Air War in the Far East.

Old 10th August 2024, 02:51

Broncazonk is on a distinguished road
Help! Requesting a Book Recommendation

(I posted this over on J-aircraft, but it isn't getting any responses.)

I am looking for a book that is similar to what Prof. Murray did with, Strategy For Defeat - The Luftwaffe - 1933-1945, that pertains to the Japanese air effort in WWII.

If you do not know Strategy For Defeat, buy it. Buy it today.

The IJN was short of pilots and aircraft at Coral Sea and by Guadalcanal the situation was already serious. I'm looking for that an explanation in book form.

I've heard incredible rumors pertaining to Japanese pilot training--how cruel and absurd the schools were. And Japanese aircraft production, I would love to learn about that as well.

Anyone?

Thanks!!

Bronc
Old 10th August 2024, 08:05
Alter Hase

musec04 is on a distinguished road
Re: Help! Requesting a Book Recommendation

Bronc,

It may be worth you taking a look at Mark R. Peattie's Sunburst

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sunburst-Ja...s=books&sr=1-1

TBH, it is always tricky recommending a book to another person,so make your own call after looking at a preview. Note that the book does continue after 1941 despite the title. It's a long time since I read it or indeed the Murray book, so difficult to say in what ways they are alike or differ.

Regards,

Clint