Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 14th August 2024, 15:05

Dan History is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Messerschmitt Me 262 jet operations on the Eastern front - what is known?

Dear members,

I am currently finishing an article about Luftwaffe operations on the Eastern front in 1945 for Flugzeug Classic Jahrbuch, the German aviation magazine. A particularly obscure topic which I would like to mention is the use of the Messerschmitt Me 262 against Soviet forces. May I ask what is the current state of knowledge on the subject?

I am aware of only very limited mentions of operations against Soviet forces by Me 262s based in the Prague area in late April and early May 1945, frequently repeated in the literature, but with very few details given. Has anything more detailed been published recently?

Everyone is welcome to either reply here, or contact me by private message.

Regards,

Dan

Tags
1945, eastern front, me262