Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Reviews > Books and Magazines

Books and Magazines Please use this forum to review or discuss books and magazines.

Old 5th August 2005, 13:58

Andrey Dikov
Re: Forthcoming book on JG 5 ace Walter Schuck

As far this question had risen on TOCH publicly, I should put dots i’s and cross t’s to avoid misunderstanding, ambiguities and any rumors.

We had an e-mail discussion between us (authors of BC 3) this week and Christer Bergstrom kindly assured us that gentleman’s agreement we had before (Russian co-authors had no signed agreement with publisher, but directly with Christer) is valid without any changes. We are all authors of BC3 (and BC4), of course, and we’ll be named and treated as equal-rights authors (not as contributors or second rate co-authors) including cover design. The gaps and misprints on Christer Bergstrom’s site and Eagle Editions’ site will be corrected as soon as possible.

It seems that all those errors and misunderstandings are inevitable in case of cooperation between several authors and publisher situated in several different countries and even continents.

Volume three should be really great and interesting, I hope it will be published really soon.

Special thanks, Christer, for your kind responsibility and to respectful community members for your attention!

Andrey
Old 12th December 2005, 06:52

WEISNER is on a distinguished road

Any new update for the release of the Walter Schuck book? has been some time since this topic was discussed/
Kevin
Old 12th December 2005, 19:27

Christer Bergström is on a distinguished road

The manuscript has just been completed. The around 250 photos for the book (most of which have never previously been published) have just been selected. Claes Sundin is working on the aircraft colour profiles for the book.

One publisher has said that he aims at publishing it asap in 2006, but we haven't sent it to the publisher yet. We'll do so as soon as it is completed, which will be probably within the next few weeks.

We are looking at a large-size, richly illustrated book, of nearly the same size as the Graf & Grislawski book.

Before the Schuck book, my two JG 54 "Grünherz" pilot biographies on Hans-Ekkehard Bob and Max-Hellmuth Ostermann will be published. And "Black Cross/Red Star", vol. 3.

Christer Bergström

http://www.bergstrombooks.elknet.pl/
Old 13th December 2005, 01:52

Talking Re: Forthcoming book on JG 5 ace Walter Schuck

Thanks for the update Christer, look foward to the books release. is a pilot signed edition in the works?
Kevin
Old 14th December 2005, 11:06

FalkeEins will become famous soon enough

<One publisher has said that he aims at publishing it asap in 2006>

..guess that rules out Eagle Editions then..
Old 16th December 2005, 06:11

Be careful to get an advance and your contract in order when sending your manuscript to any publisher, I had a good friend get robbed years ago because she trusted the people. she is still waiting for payment for her work....her trust put no food on the table or bought her kids any of the things they needed...once again is a pilot signed edition in the works?

Last edited by WEISNER; 16th December 2005 at 06:46.
Old 18th December 2005, 00:34

Quote:
is a pilot signed edition in the works?
Allow me to give you this rather cryptical answer: In principle, yes. I would be very surprised if there would be no pilot signed edition. But be prepared to pay much for a copy of such a rare and limited (numbered) edition. (I feel free to say so because I don't think I will earn anything extra from that edition.)

Christer Bergström

Last edited by Christer Bergström; 19th December 2005 at 22:19.
Old 19th December 2005, 22:17

In this very moment (yes, literally), Mr. Walter Schuck is occupied reading through the completed manuscript and making important notes and additions. He has given me some VERY interesting (and unquestionably accurate) information - which can't be found in any published source, nor in any public archive - about his victories numbers 171-196, which were recorded after September 1944 but before 1945. Yesterday he gave me green light to go public on that, which in itself is a little "scoop". I'll say no more now; wait for the book...

Meanwhile, Claes Sundin is occupied refining all the photos for the book. Claes was absolutely stunned when he saw the photos! (In addition to that, I have been promised a batch of absolutely rare - never before seen - photos of men and Me 262s of I./JG 7, where Schuck served!)

I also have to mention the invaluable contribution which my colleague Yuriy Rybin has given to the book! You just can't imagine what can be found in Russian archives... Okay, I'll say no more now; wait for the book...

The book will be dedicated to the wives of the two old pilot friends Walter Schuck and Joe Peterburs (you know - the former shot down the latter, and then they met this year) - who both sadly passed away last year.

Christer Bergström

Old 21st December 2005, 15:58

Jan Bobek

Looks exciting. Congratulations.

Futo fukutsu (never give up)
Saburo Sakai
Old 21st December 2005, 22:15

Talk about looking exciting:

http://www.baer.bloguje.cz

(Actually, I don't refer to Jan's face on the site - rather the book... )

Christer Bergström