Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 30th December 2004, 23:50

iley
Your photographs.

Dear Ed.
keep your photographs coming. If the price goes up it only means more people will be putting more photographs online. It's a simple supply and demand issue. In this case as demand increases the supply will increase. I don't think anyone wants people to stop putting the photographs on eBay. Just my opinion .
Iley
Old 31st December 2004, 00:57

Peter D Evans is on a distinguished road
Please stick with it Ed and keep posting away! As you are aware, your efforts prove of benefit to many, both here and beyond TOCH! I for one look forward to reviewing your finds with an eager excited interest. We all agree that many of the prices paid are high, but when there is a demand for these images your posting links before the end of an auction is irrelevant. Demand equals high prices.

Keep'em coming
Old 31st December 2004, 01:13

veltro is an unknown quantity at this point
Ed, keep it on! Personally I have not and won't buy a photograph ever, relying on my own research and on loaning from fellow researchers.

That's how things have gone for me in the past 25 years.

If photographs are becoming reserved to guys who have money to spend, good, I can live with that, although I am sure that 95% of such material won't see light anymore.

A photograph to me is knowledge and this has no price embedded.

Since your contribution to our (and mine) knowledge is great and partially overcomes the fact that those items will disappear into some collector's drawer, I can only be grateful and hope that you will continue to feed our knowledge... for free and for passion, which - in my naive view - are the only ingredients research should be made of.

Ferdinando D'Amico
Old 31st December 2004, 01:28
Alter Hase

edwest is an unknown quantity at this point
Thank you, everyone, for your support.

Warm regards,
Ed
Old 31st December 2004, 01:38

Sergio Luis dos Santos
Hi Ed,
I really do not believe bringing the photos being on sale would increase the prices. Obviously all them had their ebay alert messages or browse daily for items being sold. They´re a small group and some names are always among the winners.
On other forums like diecast cars I also visit is also normal someone notice interesting (or sometimes stupid ) auctions with good bargains, newly issued models, hard to find or even high (stupid also) prices for common items. I remember some very know photos were sold for high prices. Is you guilty about it?
Several photos were very welcomed to assemble a better view from a plane, not unsualy being sold on separate auctions.
Also remember I could buy a very interesting booklet on Fw-58 thanks for your posting. It´s expected it contents will be shown in a ( I hope ) book on Fw-58 here in Brasil.
Go ahead!
Old 31st December 2004, 01:54

Douglas Jr.
Prices

Hi,

I don´t see any problem with that... concerning the prices, as a militaria collector I can say that "raising price phenomena" is, unfortunately, a common place when someone is talking about III Reich items...and pictures are not a different matter.

Wishes,

Douglas.
Old 31st December 2004, 08:06

Horst Kube
Congatulations Ed,

you must be honoured when people already think your photo postings is such a value measure which regulates the market!

Please don't waste your time in answering to peanuts and go on with your wonderful, helpful work.

Waiting for your daily photo mail,
very best regards, Horst
Old 31st December 2004, 13:37

Venancio
Ed,

In my opinion you should keep on doing what you have done so far, and even if no other reason exists at least we all have more time to be able to acess the pic.

And a big THANK YOU !
VL