Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Reviews > Books and Magazines

Books and Magazines Please use this forum to review or discuss books and magazines.

Old 7th December 2006, 21:19

nick de carteret is on a distinguished road
Re: Black Cross Red Star Vol. 3 - publication news

Quote:
Originally Posted by judyc View Post
Is there an alternate bookseller for you? Let me know if I can be of additional assistance.Judy C at Eagle Editions...
Hi again Judy, thanks for your continued efforts with Amazon. I have also used www.historicaviation.com in the past to obtain your books but they do not have BCRS 3 listed on their site for some reason. Have just emailed them to inquire but main reason for utilising Amazon was the reasonable shipping costs to NZ.
Old 7th December 2006, 22:08
Alter Hase

Frank Olynyk is on a distinguished road

Nick,
Judy told me that they can handle M-Bag. Surface mail will cost you $11US, and air mail I think about $34US (not sure, I don't use it often). These rates cover the first 11 pounds, and then the rate goes up about $1US per pound. Those are the rates charged by the US Post Office; I don't remember if Eagle Editions adds a handling charge. Just another option.

Frank.
Old 9th December 2006, 19:03

nick de carteret is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Olynyk View Post
Nick,
Judy told me that they can handle M-Bag. Surface mail will cost you $11US, and air mail I think about $34US (not sure, I don't use it often). These rates cover the first 11 pounds, and then the rate goes up about $1US per pound. Those are the rates charged by the US Post Office; I don't remember if Eagle Editions adds a handling charge. Just another option.Frank.
Thanks for the info Frank, I'm looking into the alternatives on how to source this book.
Old 9th December 2006, 22:52
Alter Hase

John Vasco will become famous soon enough

Still showing as not yet published on Amazon.co.uk, so being the shy person that I am, I sent this e-mail:
"Book: Black Cross Red Star Volume 3, published by Eagle Editions.
Your site says it is not yet published, yet the Publishers have been shipping for several weeks now. Why is it not yet available through Amazon? And please don't come back to me and say it is not published yet, as there are several people on Luftwaffe forums who already have a copy."

Let's see what they come back with...

Splinter Live at The Cavern, November 2006: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxOCksQUKbI

Danke schön, Dank schön ich bin ganz comfortable!
Old 11th December 2006, 23:17

Andy Fletcher

Got my copy today. Just skimmed through it but must say on first impressions I'm not going to be disappointed. Particularly like the detailed order of battle appendices.

Best Regards

Andy Fletcher

P.S. Hope there are detailed VVS order of battle appendices for the Kuban campaign in forthcoming volumes (I presume the Kuban will be covered in the next volume).
Old 12th December 2006, 01:21

judyc

Hi Guys - Nick, as a rule Historic Aviation will buy from Motorbooks International who HAS ordered and received their books. Hopefully Historic Aviation will have their stock soon.
As for shipping via M-Bag, the minimum weight we can ship is 11 lbs, so you would have to order at last two books to get a good rate.
Let me know what happens okay? I don't like being held hostage by book sellers, but I guess we all are, huh?
Have you tried Helion?
I know Flight 66 in paris should have their books by now, Christian Schmidt also orders from Motorbooks, so they probably don't have theirs yet either. Keep me posted on your efforts.
John - I have a call in to my contact Monsoor at Amazon, hopefully he will call me back and enlighten me.
Andy - Yes, Christer et al...did a very fine job
Judy
Old 14th December 2006, 04:46

Adam

I just checked with the bookstore which has my order, and they say that it is on back-order and that their supplier, Baker and Taylor, are still claiming that it is yet to be published.

Has it actually be shipped to Australia, yet?

TIA

Adam
Old 14th December 2006, 05:18
Alter Hase

Nokose will become famous soon enough

Amazon dosen't have it but Judy pointed out to me that they do now have it on Amazon Market now.
Old 14th December 2006, 20:44

judyc

BCRS#3 update - hi guys, FINALLY Amazon placed their initial order today! Whew...will ship either tomorrow or Monday to their warehouse.
Australia has been shipped quite a while ago so they should have their stock by now. Baker and Taylor has placed their initial order which was shipped last week and just today we got another order from them which will ship next week.
Hopefully this will get everyone up to speed!
Judy
Eagle Editions Ltd.
Old 14th December 2006, 21:46

Adam

Many thanks for the effort Judy