Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 6th March 2013, 18:46

alieneyes1 is on a distinguished road
Looking to ID Luftwaffe crew @14 May 1940

Good evening,

I am hoping one of the Luftwaffe experts here can assist with the following question.

I am trying to ascertain the names of the Luftwaffe crew described in pages 1 and 2 of this thread:

http://www.ww2talk.com/forum/1940/52...belgium-2.html

One of the replies came up with this list of JU88 losses in the area/timeframe:

Quote:
13th May 1940

Ju-88 shot down by naval flak and ditched in Waddenzee off Texel, near Oudeschild.

14th May 1940

JU-88 shot down by fighters from 504 Sqn. Crashed at St Kruis-Winkel.

Ju-88 attacked and crash landed at Aalst.

Ju-88 shot down and belly landed North of Preigny.

Ju-88 attacked and abandoned near Zweifalten.

Ju-88 force landed at Neuhausen

15th May 1940

Ju-88 failed to return after attack on Ostend

Ju-88 crashed into Westerschelde Estuary off Beveland
Anything fit the bill?

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,

Dave
Old 6th March 2013, 23:15
Alter Hase

RudiS is on a distinguished road
Re: Looking to ID Luftwaffe crew @14 May 1940

I presume you are referring to the Denderhoutem forced landing as referred to in this post here.

I have asked REDCAP50 to contact me by PM, but too date he hasn't bothered to do so. Or say thanks to Jim P or me for our inputs.

As mentionned before, according to my files the forced-landing in the Eigenstraat in Denderhoutem took place May 16th. It was a german aircraft with a crew of 4 so probably a Heinkel He111 or a Junkers Ju88. It was brought down by British AAA. That's all I have for now.

Regards,
Rudi.
Old 7th March 2013, 10:53

REDCAP50 is on a distinguished road

Gentlemen,

-First of all :
I already replied at the request of “ RudiS” to contact him on his PM ( February 24th at 9:05)
It is very disappointing to reed, I quote: “ I have asked REDCAP50 to contact me by PM, but too date he hasn't bothered to do so. Or say thanks to Jim P or me for our inputs”.
If he has any doubt about my reply, I will post my answer on THISforum if needed!

-Further on: To get the most of info possible, I think that is perfectly normal to contact several possible sources of information: witnesses, films, pictures, forum, books, metal detection etc. What’s wrong about that???

-Thanks to WW2talk , all participants had perusal on WO167/651 53rd Light AA War Diary (from May 12th until May 20th 1940 ,posted by Drew ,Rich Payne ) about the region of Ninove & Alost!
One has just to read the posts and will discover that several German planes were downed in this region in the early days of May (read also the book of ROBA & DE DECKER).
Be sure of it that I am MOST GREATEFULL to everybody for any help I become and …. I do not have ANY commercial intentions, when asking for information (cfr my earlier posts)!

NIL NOVI SUB SOLE!
Redcap50
Old 7th March 2013, 13:40
Alter Hase

RudiS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDCAP50 View Post
If he has any doubt about my reply, I will post my answer on THISforum if needed!

NIL NOVI SUB SOLE!
Redcap50
Nothing new under the sun indeed. I just checked my mailbox again (private and over here on this forum) and I still have no answer from you.

The reason that I wanted REDCAP50 to contact me on my private e-mailaddress is that I have a pdf-document from the early fifties with more info on this forced-landing. I wanted to send this to him because it may be of use for his research. So I have send him on February 24th my e-mail by PM. As I have just just, no reply too date.

Regards,
Rudi.

Last edited by RudiS; 7th March 2013 at 16:00.