Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Off Topic

Off Topic Please use this forum to discuss all off topic subjects.

Old 12th April 2008, 12:40
He who rules the forum...

Ruy Horta has disabled reputation
Re: Cause of the Korean War ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franek Grabowski View Post
Nick
Concerning NHS or NES, the question is if those systems still work. Based on what I have talked to British subjects (including natives), it does not. Such ideas work perfectly in a short term period when there are amassed resources, but then they become burden, and then lead everything to collapse.
IMO the collapse of systems like the NHS is caused by the huge profits made by the pharmaceutical industry (and other healthcare related industries). The duality of a "state controlled front end", but a completely free market "back end" creates huge drain on funds.

Once you put an end to the profiteering, you reestablish control on funding.

Profits are good, they spark innovation (although I don't think they are a guarantee for scientific revolution), but medicin is one area where cost is often completely out of proportion.

Perhaps I am a Pinko red, but I still believe that all people deserve an equally good health care system. If it requires state control to do it, so be it.

And now I see with eye serene
The very pulse of the machine;
A being breathing thoughtful breath,
A traveller between life and death;
Old 12th April 2008, 12:43
He who rules the forum...

Ruy Horta has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franek Grabowski View Post
Yes, mate, just because of your bloody bastard, Mr PM Attlee, millions of people died around the word. It is the bloody reason to bait around.
Opinion or fact?

What is your basis for holding Attlee responsible for the death of millions?

And now I see with eye serene
The very pulse of the machine;
A being breathing thoughtful breath,
A traveller between life and death;
Old 14th April 2008, 18:11
Alter Hase

Franek Grabowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruy Horta View Post
IMO the collapse of systems like the NHS is caused by the huge profits made by the pharmaceutical industry (and other healthcare related industries). The duality of a "state controlled front end", but a completely free market "back end" creates huge drain on funds.

Once you put an end to the profiteering, you reestablish control on funding.

Profits are good, they spark innovation (although I don't think they are a guarantee for scientific revolution), but medicin is one area where cost is often completely out of proportion.

Perhaps I am a Pinko red, but I still believe that all people deserve an equally good health care system. If it requires state control to do it, so be it.
Be realistic. You have as good health care as you can afford, and no brightest idea cannot change rules of life.
The efficiency of health care system is of course dependant on prices of medicines, but it is actually a more complex problem and involving insurance system. Another problem is with the personnel, the better escaping to work on their own or in private health care, thus only the worsest remaining in national systems. All in all it is no funny.
Quote:
Opinion or fact?

What is your basis for holding Attlee responsible for the death of millions?
Very simple. Handing over jet technology alone allowed Soviets to get an edge and to make a major progress in aviation. They were no stupid, and they would not go ahead having no weapons to do so. Have in mind MiG-15 (and following MiG-17) was a tool that, like AK carbine, was behind Soviet successes in spreading revolution in 1950s and 1960s. Every killed in those conflicts goes on credit of Mr Attlee. And Mr Attlee did much more pro-Soviet decisions, than selling jet engines.
Of course I do not mean Attlee did it all single handedly, nonetheless he was one of the key figures.