Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Allied and Soviet Air Forces

Allied and Soviet Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the Air Forces of the Western Allies and the Soviet Union.

Old 22nd April 2008, 21:34
Alter Hase

Adriano Baumgartner is on a distinguished road
Help identify Mosquito airman - check signature

Good night to all.
As posted previously, I possibly took for Edwards´s Navigator this airman´s signature below on the link.
He gave this book to a former Mosquito pilot, whose widow sent it to me. As we can see he flew from Scampton, Lincolnshire in Nov. 1944 and was 27 years old at that time. He mentions a certain picture 57 that I took for that of W/C Edwards boarding his Mosquito Mk IV.
Please can someone identify this signature. I have checked again the book and checked for photograph number 57 and NOT page 57 as I was thinking before. The photo that appears as number 57 is that of Mosquito Mk IV serial number DK338.
Can someone link me to a possible candidate of this signature, someone with Chris as second name?
Thanks in advance
Adriano
PS: I tried to post the original file written by Hptm Krause on the flights with Dornier Do 335 but it was too big...Will post it later/tomorrow.
Yours
A.

Last edited by Adriano Baumgartner; 21st August 2015 at 11:38.
Old 22nd April 2008, 23:36

Ex Shack is on a distinguished road
Re: Help identify Mosquito airman - check signature

Hi Adriano
If it is any help the name appears to be J C Robinson of Milwaukee, but I'm afraid I don't know who he is .
Regards
Dick
Old 23rd April 2008, 20:20
Alter Hase

Adriano Baumgartner is on a distinguished road

Hello Ex Shack ( Ex Shackleton pilot ? )
Well, yes, I do have tried to find out about J C Robinson, but got nowhere as this is a very common English name. He probably was a 105, 139 or 627 Squadron pilot/NAV...( my guess ).
Thanks for helping
Yours
A.
Old 23rd April 2008, 21:01

mhuxt

Hi Adriano:

Not sure what's going on with this - apparently Scampton was a 1 Group station from October 1944. No mossies stationed there at that point - so far as I know, anyway.