Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 10th October 2007, 13:26
Super Moderator

Nick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura about
Re: Gabor Nemeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dénes Bernád View Post
After this unpleasant and unexpected interlude, let's return to the topic.
And also completely unnecessary. Please could everyone be calm and polite in future?

If people want to rehearse personal disputes, they can do it by email between themselves. They don't need to bring it to this forum, do they?
Old 10th October 2007, 13:57

Csaba B. Stenge is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dénes Bernád View Post
Balázs, a couple of months ago I offered, publicly, to Csaba Becze to co-author with me and several other historians a reference volume(s) on the air war over Central and Eastern Europe (1943-1945):
http://www.ww2hunhistory.org/
He didn't even reply to my offer...
Dénes,

yes, it is true, you written this embrionic idea there, but you said, that it is just sometime after 2010. It is so long term, that I'm not able to answer, since I don't know, even what will I do and where I will be at the end of 2008...
Additionally, you said, that we should do it, just you and I, without others: you will do the Romanian and Bulgarian part and I should do the Hungarian and Slovakian. I'm not an expert of everything, like you: to me, the Slovak topic is the Slovak researcher's cup of tea (I written my Baptism of fire project with the strong mark, that I'm not an expert of the Slovak aviation so it was written rather from the Hungarian point of view, altough probably this particular sentence was deleted from the final text)
I can write a material in this case only about the Hungarians (but again - I have no idea now, what will I do 3, 4 or more years later, so I'm not able to say anything for that embrionic idea - I have few hazy joint projects without deadlines, which I accepted theoretically - part of them will never realise, I guess -, but officially, for such a long term, I can say nothing for any plans)

By the way, in the cited forum, I written my opinion (in Hungarian language) about the one sided research as well to you (and after that happened, that you offered that project).

But it is again far off-topic here, I guess, we should let the topic to die.
Old 10th October 2007, 18:48

Norbert Schuchbauer

Thank you all for the input. I regret causing such a dispute among researchers. To no avail I might add.

Maybe he changed his name after the war?????

Regards,

Norbert
Old 10th October 2007, 20:59

Csaba B. Stenge is on a distinguished road

Norbert,

As I mentioned you in private, it is a chance, that he changed his name after the war. After 1945, significant number of Hungarian citizens with German roots changed their family names to Hungarian ones to avoid the relocation to Germany (since many German ethnic citizens had to move to Germany, maybe you have heard about the former German foreign minister, Joschka Fischer - his family had to leave Hungary as well: he was born in Germany already, but still got a Hungarian first name, the József/Jóska/Joschka) Few pilots changed their family names as well (one is still living in Hungary, who made it)

You should ask him or his family about it (I don't know any Hungarian pilots with 26 kills at the Luftwaffe, but if he was only the pilot of the Luftwaffe and never the Hungarian Air Force, it is a possibility)
Old 10th October 2007, 22:01
Alter Hase

Dénes Bernád will become famous soon enough

The possibility Csaba raised about a name change is quite real. I have already mentioned earlier that he might be a Volksdeutsch born in Hungary, and that he might have served only in the Luftwaffe. The actual answers can be given only by him (or his family).
By the way, the Hungarian word 'Német(h)' means 'German'.
Old 11th October 2007, 07:02

Norbert Schuchbauer

Theank you for the replies. I'm at the moment trying to get in touch with him. Hopefully we will shed some light on the situation.

I think it is very likely that he changed his name. The only question remains: "what was his name before that". Hopefully we will find out.

Norbert