Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 28th June 2005, 17:56

Britace is on a distinguished road
Question Luftwaffe Kill map locations please?

I am trying to research a Halifax Bomber shot down coming off target at Laon, North of Paris France on 22nd April 1944. The Luftwaffe Kill entry is as follows:

22.04.44, Maj. Wilhelm Herget Stab I./NJG 4, 4-mot. Flzg. £ 05 Ost S/TG: 3.800 m. [Soissons] 23.50 Film C. 2027/I Anerk: Nr.24

Most of it I understand, but would like to know, if the ‘Film’ listed is available anywhere, has it been digitised or copied? And most importantly, What is the Anerk Nr. 24 and is that available? I have also been told that the Luftwaffe map reference for this bomber is: Map Ref 05E TG

Does anyone know how to convert this map reference to a modern map please, or does anyone know where 77 Squadron RAF Halifax V, LK710 KN 'S' (S-Sugar ) crashed in the Soissons area please?
Old 28th June 2005, 18:38
Super Moderator

John Beaman is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Luftwaffe Kill map locations please?

Try this site, mentioned in the thread, below, by Vlad.

http://www.ahs.no/ref_db/map_geo_location_gradnetz.asp
Old 28th June 2005, 19:05
Alter Hase

Jim P. will become famous soon enough

The Anerk. # is just the confirmation number. Be sure to read Tony's notes at the beginning of his documents.
Old 28th June 2005, 20:57
Alter Hase

Andreas Brekken is on a distinguished road

Hi.

I have not yet made the Jägermeldenetz version of my 'calculator' available.

The full entry for this location is 05 OST SÜD TG, in the 'ordinary Gradnetzmeldeverfahren this would translate to:

O5 OST 303

If You enter this on my webpage, You will be able to locate the center of the 35x28 km !! area defined by this Gradnetz location, which is approximately 20 kilometers north of the village or city Soissons in France.

Regards,
Andreas Brekken
Old 29th June 2005, 07:49

SES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britace
I am trying to research a Halifax Bomber shot down coming off target at Laon, North of Paris France on 22nd April 1944. The Luftwaffe Kill entry is as follows:

22.04.44, Maj. Wilhelm Herget Stab I./NJG 4, 4-mot. Flzg. £ 05 Ost S/TG: 3.800 m. [Soissons] 23.50 Film C. 2027/I Anerk: Nr.24

Most of it I understand, but would like to know, if the ‘Film’ listed is available anywhere, has it been digitised or copied? And most importantly, What is the Anerk Nr. 24 and is that available? I have also been told that the Luftwaffe map reference for this bomber is: Map Ref 05E TG

Does anyone know how to convert this map reference to a modern map please, or does anyone know where 77 Squadron RAF Halifax V, LK710 KN 'S' (S-Sugar ) crashed in the Soissons area please?
Hi,
May I again recommend:

http://www.gyges.dk/LUMA.xls

which will convert your position with the same level of accuracy as the original German one.
bregds
SES