Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Reviews > Books and Magazines

Books and Magazines Please use this forum to review or discuss books and magazines.

Old 7th June 2024, 14:50

richdlc will become famous soon enough
Author wanted! To write a book on the Schlachtflieger

Hi guys...

I was working with an author on a book about the Schlachtflieger, but unfortunately he died last year.

I have a more or less 'finished' manuscript, but with one caveat - the author focused only on aircraft with the 'Schlachtflieger Dreieck' (black triangle) marking, which no doubt made sense to him at the time, but won't necessarily make sense to a reader. Also, critically, the book stops in 1943 when the Dreieck marking disappeared from frontline aircraft. Therefore there is the whole rest of the war to cover...

I've already asked a few of you privately, but for various reasons this has so far come to nothing. It's time to put out an A.P.B. and ask for help from the internet!

If you are sufficiently clued-up about Luftwaffe ground-attack aircraft and want to help, please drop me a line through either the message function here, or on the Chandos Publications Ltd website where you'll find my email, and we can talk further.

Cheers
Rich