Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 4th July 2018, 19:08
Alter Hase

Teresa Maria is on a distinguished road
Wilhelm Batz

Dear All,
On a website about Willi Batz (http://www.luftwaffe.cz/batz.html), there is the following piece of information: 'Batz fell ill in February 1944 and was grounded for two weeks.' Do you happen to know what illness it was (or whether he was perhaps wounded)?
Thank you in advance.
Old 4th July 2018, 19:37
Alter Hase

Chris Goss has a spectacular aura aboutChris Goss has a spectacular aura about
Re: Wilhelm Batz

Might I suggest that being taken ill for 2 weeks nothing and not worthy of being recorded and could be no more than flu or a heavy cold! 2 months maybe
Old 4th July 2018, 20:06
Alter Hase

Thank you, it's very likely what you say, but, funnily enough, it was recorded, as the website shows. That's why I was wondering what it had been. Maybe someone has his Soldbuch and knows the actual answer. :-)
Old 4th July 2018, 20:29
Alter Hase

Chris Goss has a spectacular aura aboutChris Goss has a spectacular aura about

The soldbuch would not contain medical reasons.
Old 4th July 2018, 21:01
Alter Hase

Thank you. I didn't know that. In fact, last year I asked about Robert 'Bazi' Weiss, who had been grounded for about two months ('Weiss fell ill in May 1943 and was withdrawn from combat until July when he was appointed Staffelkapitän of 3./JG 54'. Source: http://www.luftwaffe.cz/weiss.html), and nobody knew the answer either. I guess someone told me then it could be in his Soldbuch, that's why I mentioned it.
Old 5th July 2018, 01:50

Broncazonk is on a distinguished road

I think everyone should endeavor to be polite and patient with Teresa Maria. I've read a couple of responses to her lately that I don't like the tenor of--a little blunt, a little patronizing, and slightly rude.

And I'm not going to tolerate any more of it.

So, there's that.

Bronc
Old 5th July 2018, 07:47

PMoz99 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncazonk View Post
I think everyone should endeavor to be polite and patient with Teresa Maria. I've read a couple of responses to her lately that I don't like the tenor of--a little blunt, a little patronizing, and slightly rude.

And I'm not going to tolerate any more of it.

So, there's that.

Bronc
Bronc, I agree with your sentiment entirely.
I believe if one can't be polite in reply, one shouldn't reply. And one should try to be careful with choice of words and phrases.
But on the other hand, the English language has many nuances (as many languages do) and the way one reads the written word does not always reflect the thoughts of the writer, so don't I think we can afford to get tooo sensitive. Many of us have non-English speaking backgrounds, and that may also affect the tone of what is written.
Now, as for just where that line in the sand is .......
Peter