Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > The Second World War in General

The Second World War in General Please use this forum to discuss other World War Two related subjects not covered by the main categories.

Old 7th July 2005, 16:23

G. Warrener is on a distinguished road
Red face more links

Shalom!

Aha, but do you know about Moishe - the famous Jewish fighter pilot?

http://www.af.mil/news/airman/0202/crew.html

(above ref. Larry Fleischer..)
http://www.theherald.co.za/herald/20...6_06052003.htm

http://www.fau.edu/library/br097.htm

http://www.zchor.org/bialystok/adler.htm

http://www.zenoswarbirdvideos.com/Debriefings.html

;- Graham
Je t'aime mélancolie.....
Old 7th July 2005, 21:43

Smile at the risk of being moderated....

say hello to Moishe!

Moishe, the brave Jewish fighter pilot, takes Rebecca down to the beach for a romantic summer picnic. After spreading out their lunch on the picnic blanket, they sit next to each other and begin showing their affections for each other. As things start to escalate, Rebecca calls out "Oh, Moishe, kiss me on the lips." Moishe breaks open a bottle of Manishevitz Concord wine and splashes it on her lips. She exclaims, "Moishe, what are you doing?" Moishe replies: "I am Moishe, the brave Jewish fighter pilot; when I have red meat, I have red wine!"

Rebecca swoons at this fighter pilot's savoir faire and soon they are engaged in further petting. After a little while, Rebecca moans, "Oh, Moishe, kiss me lower." Moishe tears open her blouse, breaks open a bottle of white wine, and pours it on her chest. "Moishe," cries Rebecca, "what in the world are you doing?" Moishe declares: "I am Moishe, the brave Jewish fighter pilot; when I have white meat, I have white wine."

This has the effect of Rebecca totally surrendering to the machismo of this gentleman and it isn't until a little while later she groans, "Ohh, Moishe, kiss me lower." At this point, our young hero breaks open a bottle of Cognac, pours the contents onto Rebecca's crotch, lights a match and throws it into her lap. As her skirts starts to go up in flames, she runs down into the water to douse the fire. She's standing there up to her waist in water and screams at him: "Moishe, what the f*ck are you doing?" Moishe replies, "I am Moishe, the brave Jewish fighter pilot; when I go down, I go down in flames."

Old 7th July 2005, 22:04
He who rules the forum...

Ruy Horta has disabled reputation
Re: Jewish airmen in WWII

The only thing that makes it risquee is the combination of a Jewish airman and a (more or less) Luftwaffe forum, other than that I personally found it quite amusing.

BTW I always game for a dirty joke, another character flaw.

Perhaps we should set up a separate forum catagory for humor, war is serious enough as it is!

And now I see with eye serene
The very pulse of the machine;
A being breathing thoughtful breath,
A traveller between life and death;
Old 8th July 2005, 00:59
Alter Hase

Franek Grabowski is on a distinguished road

Ruy
Well, I am afraid there is no escape from history, which is both amusing and surprising.
Did you know that one of the founders of SS in Nuremberg was certain Salomon von Pfeffer? Or that one of the few British SS-men was of the name Courlander?
In the 304 Sqn there were two Jewes, one from NYC and one from Argentina. One day there was a show for the airmen but among flags presented on the scene there was no Polish one (Soviet and US were present). This caused a mass protest and the Polish airmen left the theatre, all but the American guy. When asked why he did not, he said that there was a falg, having in mind US one, this causing a lot of laugh among Poles. Anyway this caused Argentinian so infuriated that he had beaten American. British OC learned only that a Jew was beaten, however, and asked about mitreatment of minorities. This again caused Argie red-hot, who, with a Jewish accent commented: 'What? He is a minority? I am a minority' and got to beat American again. Finally all was settled in peaceful way, but the story circulated long after the event.

Graham
Concerning Adler brothers, yes, there was quite a number of Jewes in the People's Aviation but most of them served after the war. Reputedly some scored some successes in Israeli's wars but due to their Hebrew names, they are unrecognisable. I recall a story told by a Syrian jet pilot who studied in Poland. Once he met Israeli jets over Golan and got on their frequency. In order to keep communications secret, the latter used a code. This was not a problem for Arabic after a few years spend in Poland, so he joined the discussion. At the end a lot of invectives were involved.

PS I am out for about a week or so.
Old 8th July 2005, 16:23
Alter Hase

Graham Boak is on a distinguished road

You really believe that without the front-line troops of the Soviet Army, Hitler would never have started the war?

I can only presume that you are referring to the Nazi-Soviet pact and the joint invasion of Poland, but that only draws a specific line in history. To suggest that Hitler had not already started warfare in Europe ignores his actions in Austria and Czechoslovakia, or his plans for later, elsewhere.

Had Poland agreed to the passage of Soviet troops, the Munich agreement and the betrayal of Czechoslovakia may never have happened. Perhaps then Hitler's ambitions could have been curbed, but after that failure the war was inevitable. It was the failure of the "West" here that encouraged Stalin to come to his agreement with the Nazis, which no one on any side expected to last.
Old 8th July 2005, 21:44

Wink Re: Jewish airmen in WWII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruy Horta

The only thing that makes it risquee is the combination of a Jewish airman and a (more or less) Luftwaffe forum, other than that I personally found it quite amusing.

BTW I always game for a dirty joke, another character flaw.

Perhaps we should set up a separate forum catagory for humor, war is serious enough as it is!
I expect a level of anti-Semitism from Europeans, I am perhaps the exception which proves the rule, but bawdiness from the Dutch? Enjoyment of a blue joke is not a flaw - it is a point of contact. Do not let Beatrix know...

Writing from my own tiny & strange corner - the overwhelming interest in the Luftwaffe bemuses me...

When you peer back through the decades - the tragedies of 1939 & 1940 still inspire me more than any German military triumphs in their aftermath....

but then, I also believe in fairies....

slaap rustig kinderen...

Graham
Old 9th July 2005, 23:24

Talking Re: Jewish airmen in WWII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franek Grabowski
Graham
Perhaps I was not clear enough. Jewish names were of big cities rather than small villages: Amsterdamski, Berliner, Bremer or Krakowitzer.
Also only particular trade names were considered Jewish. Smith, Schmidt, Kowal or Kowalski are Arian ones, but there are some variations considered Jewish like Kowalewski or Goldschmidt. I cannot say anything about Messerschmitt though. This is a very subtle matter.
How about Goodman - a Pole that got away?

http://www.fau.edu/library/br123.htm

;-) graham
Old 9th July 2005, 23:38

Mifletz is on a distinguished road

The Jewish knowledge of Yiddish and German contribution to the Allied air campaign
http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/...w2/sugar1.html
Old 11th July 2005, 12:22

Csaba B. Stenge is on a distinguished road

Well, the Royal Hungarian Air Force had two pilots with Jewish roots (according to my knowledge, few others also possible), and both have striking stories too...
Old 16th July 2005, 19:19
Alter Hase

Dénes Bernád will become famous soon enough

Could this airman be a soldier with jewish roots?