Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Allied and Soviet Air Forces

Allied and Soviet Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the Air Forces of the Western Allies and the Soviet Union.

Old 12th October 2007, 15:14

Jon
Cobber Kain relic

I have just beeen given a superb relic with good provenance, Its actually part of Cobber Kains oxygen mask removed from the crash site of his Hurricane in June 1940 by a Fairey Battle pilot who walked over to the crash a few days after it had happened.
He found it in the remains of Cobbers cockpit and I have a letter of provenace with it ,actually written by the Battle pilot who later went on to fly Wellingtons.
The part has been sat in an old draw since 1945 !
Do any pictures of Cobber exist with him in his mask or with it around his neck?
Old 13th October 2007, 05:44
dora9forever

Re: Cobber Kain relic

HI. JON. i have a picture of kain.with a mask in a hurricane france 39.OR EARLY 40.
GARY
Old 13th October 2007, 06:25
dora9forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by dora9forever View Post
HI. JON. i have a picture of kain.with a mask in a hurricane france 39.OR EARLY 40.
GARY
as a BOB FAN,by the way of relics! i have in my posse a helmet alleged to been worn by helmut wick vick?? given to me by a blackman ground crew in 1975. he took me and my dad to his house,when told us.the helmets brown dark all the wirings out and the mic. but all intact leather straps etc, and a cuff title with gershwager luftwaffe on silver braiding,maybe wicks too given to me by same person that we talked too in berlins air musuem in 1975, would i sell them. ????????????
Gary

Last edited by dora9forever; 13th October 2007 at 10:27. Reason: info
Old 15th October 2007, 01:42

Smithy is on a distinguished road

Gary I take it the photo you are referring to is the one from the official RAF photographer's visit on the 14th December 1939?

Well done Jon! An author I know has Cobber's cap badge with a certificate of authenticity signed by Joyce Phillips. How very lucky you are!
Old 15th October 2007, 01:49
dora9forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
Gary I take it the photo you are referring to is the one from the official RAF photographer's visit on the 14th December 1939?

Well done Jon! An author I know has Cobber's cap badge with a certificate of authenticity signed by Joyce Phillips. How very lucky you are!
HI. ERM NO" its in a book i own . its got cobber kane and suit and helmet and mask and luxy gogs.in hurricanes cockpit.say early 40 i.d say
Gary
Old 15th October 2007, 12:46

Smithy is on a distinguished road

If it's this one, it's from the 14th. If you have another I'd love to see it.