Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Reviews > Books and Magazines

Books and Magazines Please use this forum to review or discuss books and magazines.

Old 1st June 2021, 11:19

Edward is on a distinguished road
Update from Chandos Publications

Gentlemen,

I was informed this weekend that Chandos' third book in their 'Luftwaffe Library' series, the He 219 'Uhu' Nightfighter has been "delayed by at least a year".

As already mentioned at different websites the next two book projects scheduled for late 2021 / early 2022 are:

Bf 109 T by Francis L. Marshall

"Kauz" - Dornier's Early Nightfighters: The History of the Do 17 Z-7, Do 17 Z-10 & Do 215 B-5 by Mikael Olrog.

https://www.chandospublications.co.u...e-13-dec-2020/

Last edited by Edward; 2nd June 2021 at 19:09.
Old 2nd June 2021, 10:05

Alfred.MONZAT will become famous soon enough
Re: Update from Chandos Publications

Great news for the Francis L. Marshall's book as I don't have the previous edition.
I am surprised that Mikael Olrog will produce a new book on the Kauz I, II & III while his Classic seems to already cover this subject thoroughly.
Old 4th July 2021, 20:57

Edward is on a distinguished road

Update - 4 July 2021
Chandos Publications Limited - fb

"*NEWS* I just handed the digital files for the Bf 109 T book to our design and layout man, Mark Nelson. Hopefully we should have a finished product in a couple of months' time!

I have also finished editing the manuscript for Mikael Olrog's upcoming book on the Do 17 / Do 17Z / Do 215B 'Kauz' Nightfighters. Hoping to have design and layout completed by the end of this year...

Elsewhere, I am on the brink of signing a huge book on the He 115. This will be the most comprehensive volume ever attempted on the type...more news as I get it.

Finally...the He 219 saga continues.
The latest news is that I am thinking of splitting the book into two volumes, with the Luftwaffe operational history in the second book, and everything else in the first. . . . lots to do.

Either way I hope to have something ready to go by next year."
Old 5th July 2021, 20:26

Orwell1984 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward View Post
Update - 4 July 2021
Chandos Publications Limited - fb

"*NEWS* I just handed the digital files for the Bf 109 T book to our design and layout man, Mark Nelson. Hopefully we should have a finished product in a couple of months' time!

I have also finished editing the manuscript for Mikael Olrog's upcoming book on the Do 17 / Do 17Z / Do 215B 'Kauz' Nightfighters. Hoping to have design and layout completed by the end of this year...

Elsewhere, I am on the brink of signing a huge book on the He 115. This will be the most comprehensive volume ever attempted on the type...more news as I get it.

Finally...the He 219 saga continues.
The latest news is that I am thinking of splitting the book into two volumes, with the Luftwaffe operational history in the second book, and everything else in the first. . . . lots to do.

Either way I hope to have something ready to go by next year."

Very interested in the possibility of a big book on the He 115. Another type that's underrepresented in the English language market.
Old 9th August 2021, 22:24

Martin388 is on a distinguished road

A He 115 book is available
Aufklärer, Bomber, Seenotretter - See-Mehrzweckflugzeuge Heinkel He 59 und He 115 by Christian König in German language
https://helios-verlag.com/militaeris...hte/1918-1945/