Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 30th September 2005, 13:32

Hans W. Koerfges is on a distinguished road
German Airforce basic training schools

Who has informations about Flugschule (Basic Training School of Germand Air Force) Number A/B 112 based at Böblingen - Hochdorf.
Thanks for any replay,

This school was closed in 1943 due to shortage of fuel and the instructors came straight to combat units.

Hans W. Koerfges
Old 30th September 2005, 18:15

Spanferkel is on a distinguished road
Re: German Airforce basic training schools

Hans,

Not sure if this publication (see below) has anything specific to FS A/B 112, however it deals with Luftwaffe training units and may give some more info.

Ketley, B./Rolfe, M. "Luftwaffe Fledglings 1935-1945", Hikoki Publications, 1996

Jeremy

www.aufhimmelzuhause.com
Old 30th September 2005, 18:23

Andy Mitchell will become famous soon enoughAndy Mitchell will become famous soon enough

Hans,

You may have already seen this but have a look at Michael Holm's page on this unit http://www.ww2.dk/air/schule/ffsab112.htm

Andy Mitchell

LuftwaffeData Wiki including the history of Aufklgr. 122
Old 30th September 2005, 19:29

Hans W. Koerfges is on a distinguished road

Hello Andy and Jeremy,

thanks for the reply. i know both sorces. I am looking for stories about that school. My mother told me often the story how she visited my father at that school. I was at that time 2 years old so I can´t remeber those visits. The rare informations I have includes that the teachers at that school were forced to hurry up with the training for the need of new pilots increased especially after the London Blitz failed. All schools must have produced al lot of young pilotes which did not survive very long after assigned to combat units. My father was one of those teachers but he refused until his death to talk about the time from 1940 - 1943 and I could not find members of the school yet.

Hans