Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 22nd May 2008, 06:46

santan is on a distinguished road
Bruno Mussolini's S.M. 79 pics or info

Hi all, new member here. Hoping there may be an expert or two that can help me. I am wanting to model an aircraft flown by Bruno Mussolini during the war. I have done relentless searches and can find nothing. What I have found.

1. I found a news clipping about a British ship that was attacked, and blamed on Bruno due to the certain markings on the plane....so they new what his particular S.M. 79 looked like.

2. I have found a small amount of info on accounts of his bombing missions into Africa, but the squadrons mentioned could not be located.

3.I have been able to find info on his racing exploits along with many pictures of that S.M. 79, but that is all.

4. 1 picture of Bruno posing in his pilots uniform and a few other personal photos not related to military operations.

To sum it up if there is anyone with info or pictures of a plane flown by Bruno Mussolini in combat I would be very, very interested. I am shocked there is nothing out there, he was the son of the ruler of Italy, surely had to have been on his foe's radar to kill the leaders son....a proud father....embolden national sentiment...so many reasons there should be pictures. I suppose there is a lot of negetive feelings toward that regime still, but that can hardly explain the absence of such photos.

Even if the info is just a certain squadron or such that can be located so I can make my best educated guess as to the particular camo markings.

Rest assured any help will be greatly appreciated!