Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Reviews > Books and Magazines

Books and Magazines Please use this forum to review or discuss books and magazines.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 5th October 2014, 12:54

phasselgren is on a distinguished road
Books on the RAF campaign in Iraq 1941

Hi,

I have the book Dust Clouds in Middle East by Christopher Shores which includes a chapter about the fight for Iraq in May 1941 but I am looking for a book with complementing information especially about the involved Wellington and Blenheim units.

So far I have found the following books:
  • Blood, Oil and Mastery in the Middle East, 1941 Robert Lyman – looking at the other books Robert Lyman has written I suspect this book is mostly focused on the army operations.
  • Iraq 1941: The Battles for Basra, Habbaniya, Fallujah and Baghdad (Osprey Campaign) also by Robert Lyman – same comment as above.
  • Hidden Victory: The Battle of Habbaniya, May 1941 A.G. Dudgeon – looks promising but seems to focus only on the No.4 Flying Training School.
I would be grateful for comments to the books above or recommendations for other books.

Thanks in advance,
Peter