Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Japanese and Allied Air Forces in the Far East

Japanese and Allied Air Forces in the Far East Please use this forum to discuss the Air War in the Far East.

Old 10th October 2014, 12:35
Alter Hase

Laurent Rizzotti is on a distinguished road
Interesting website on missing Marines

Hello,

Just blundering on this site today by searching the fate of a Marine air gunner lost on October 1942:
http://missingmarines.com/

Apparently this website started in 2011 but I have never found it before. So far missing Marine fates are described up to 9 October 1942 (of course, "mine" MIA was on the 10th) and it seems to be a work in progress.

For each case, there are many details, and this covers Marine aviators lost in the Pacific.

Best regards
Old 10th October 2014, 16:42
missingmarines

Re: Interesting website on missing Marines

Hello Laurent,

I'm the researcher/admin running MissingMarines.com. Definitely a work in progress - there are over 3,000 USMC personnel still carried as missing/lost at sea.

If you'll let me know the name of the aviator you are searching for, I can go through my records - I have notes on almost every individual, and would be glad to help out.

Cheers,
Geoffrey
Old 10th October 2014, 23:54
missingmarines

Hi Laurent,

I'm the researcher/webmaster that runs missingmarines.com. Glad you found the site helpful, and you're right - it's very much still a work in progress.

I have notes on nearly all of the 3,000+ MIA individuals from the USMC in World War Two. If you can let me know which aviator you're researching, I'd be glad to help out - not sure when I'll get to doing more biographies, I'm currently working on some other areas of the site.

Cheers,
Geoffrey
Old 22nd October 2014, 16:08
Alter Hase

Laurent Rizzotti is on a distinguished road

Hello Geoffrey,

Thanks for your kind proposal: I am interested in Cpl George F. Priest of VMSB-141, lost on 10 October 1942 in an air battle.

Best regards
Old 12th January 2015, 18:27

Carl Schwamberger is on a distinguished road

Just found the Missing Marines site. As a former jarhead I salute the effort.

Semper Fi