Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 23rd June 2008, 01:33
Alter Hase

Larry Hickey
13th Victory for Hptm. Heinz Nache StaKap 6./ZG76?

Hello,

A while back on eBay, a photo sold showing M8+NP, the aircraft of 6./ZG76 StaKap Hptm. Heniz Nacke, sometime during the winter of 1940-41. Interestingly, this carries a total of 13 victory tabs on the fin. I've got documentation for 12 of Nacke's victories through August 30, 1940, and my records on the unit go through mid-September, with no further victories recorded for him. He was awarded the RK on 2.11.40 for 12 victories, indicating that he probably didn't score any more up to that time. He moved to command the Erg.St 210 in April, 1941, so this photo, which shows snow on the ground, must have been taken sometime after early November, 1940, and no later than March, of 1941. My question is, does anyone know the date and circumstances of this 13th victory? The other possibility is that he had an unconfirmed victory that he carried on his tally.

At least two photos exist of Nacke's M8+NP in flight during the French Campaign, displaying 6 victory tabs on the fin, which date them to between 2.6.40 and 22.6.40. I'm looking for a photo of Nacke and his aircraft scoreboard at the time of his RK award. Can anyone help? This is for a project on the aircraft of all of the the Knight's Cross winners through early, 1941.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.
Old 23rd June 2008, 21:12

Tom Semenza
Re: 13th Victory for Hptm. Heinz Nache StaKap 6./ZG76?

Larry,

I don't know if this helps at all, but there are a total of 14 claims for Nacke listed by Tony Wood in his OKL Fighter Claims for 1939-40. Ten of these have Anerkennung numbers listed. The two for 13.05.40 do not, while the two for 1.06.40 are from the Vasco/Cornwell Zerstörer book.

Regards,
Tom