Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Community > Links

Links Please place your Website Links here, however note that these will only appear after moderation.

Old 23rd July 2009, 23:50

Bruce Dennis is on a distinguished road
Copying, Research at The National Archives

In response to the changes taking place at The National Archives in the UK, I have introduced a file copying and research service. The name is FilePhotoServices and prices are considerably cheaper than TNA inhouse charges. Most orders are turned around in one to two weeks.

If any forum members want to get digital copies of files such as ORBs, I can copy the dates you specify and send you the images on CD. The same applies to any file you are interested in, such as ULTRA records, German POW interrogations, Air Intelligence Summaries, or any subject you specify. Samples are on display in the website, at…

http://www.filephotoservice.co.uk/index.html

I also carry out research for an hourly rate, details are in the HOW IT WORKS page of the website. You can contact me with the Email Form in the website, or Twelve O’clock High members can contact me via PM through the forum. Don’t hesitate to ask if you have any questions.

If you are familiar with the online catalogue for TNA, then you know there are over 8 million files. If you haven’t looked at it, it is quite easy to learn, and the link is here…

http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/catalogue/search.asp?j=1

Let me know if I can help, and thanks to Ruy for allowing this post.

Bruce Dennis
Old 16th August 2009, 16:50

Re: Copying, Research at The National Archives

The response from forum members has been higher than I anticipated, and it is gratifying to find that I can help the serious enthusiasts. I hadn’t realised quite how many people using this forum were frustrated by the new reprographic restraints at Kew, and want to say another Thank You to Ruy. ORBs are so far the most popular request for straight copies, but Raid Reports and other background documents are also regular requests.

If anyone has any suggestions concerning the service, please contact me.

Regards to all,
Bruce
Old 26th December 2011, 13:37

Hello all,
The FilePhotoService website has been updated. I have introduced some price changes but, to reflect the support I have received from TOCH, Forum members will get a discounted rate. For obvious reasons, I could not say that on the website so please identify yourself as a TOCH forum member if we have not communicated before.

The number of files now available for free download from The National Archives UK is increasing and now includes many ORBs. I recommend everyone should spend some time browsing their online catalogue to find these free downloads. Of course many files are still chargeable by TNA but the catalogue makes this clear.

Again, thanks to Ruy and TOCH for providing the common meeting place. I hope the updates to FilePhotoService are useful.

Regards,
Bruce
Old 21st February 2013, 01:03

Hello all,
I have updated the FilePhotoService website to reflect further changes at TNA. One thing that is not in the website is that I give a discount to members of TOCH as a thank you for the support.

TNA have digitised many more files which can be downloaded directly for a price and there are more to come. Sadly, the files are only available for download in predetermined sections, regardless of whether this contains pages of material you do not require. What may be news to many users is that I can copy individual pages of a digitised file by request if you don't want to pay for the whole file. This is something I do for forum members. it is NOT mentioned in my website to be abused by the 'general public'. Please announce yourself as a forum member when you contact me with your requests.

A big THANKS to Ruy,
Regards,
Bruce