Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Community > Links

Links Please place your Website Links here, however note that these will only appear after moderation.

Old 26th June 2018, 11:21

PMoz99 is on a distinguished road
Malicious link issue with airaces.narod.ru website??

Has anyone tried to access this site recently? Any issues?
I accessed it last week, no issues, but this week my Kaspersky tells me there is a malicious link on the site, which also tries to run whenever you switch to another page.
Peter
Old 26th June 2018, 11:42

Nick Hector will become famous soon enoughNick Hector will become famous soon enough
Re: Malicious link issue with airaces.narod.ru website??

Whoa...
Sincere thanks for the heads up.

hranitels.ru has also been down for a while if anyone was still intending to use it. That one used to list the different Soviet regiments, their equipment and periods of useage.
Old 26th June 2018, 17:04
Alter Hase

Larry deZeng will become famous soon enoughLarry deZeng will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMoz99 View Post
Has anyone tried to access this site recently? Any issues?
I accessed it last week, no issues, but this week my Kaspersky tells me there is a malicious link on the site, which also tries to run whenever you switch to another page.
Peter
Absolutely. Same thing happened to me. It locks up your computer and activates a loud warning delivered by a woman with a strong British accident telling the user to immediately call a phone number to avoid damage and loss of files. The only way to stop it is to press and hold in the power button on your CPU (tower) for 20 to 25 seconds. Let it rest for 10 to 15 minutes before booting up again. This is what I was told by a McAfee consumer services tech rep just a week ago.

Sure wish they could catch these little criminals and publicly and summarily execute them. Russian websites are very dangerous to use.

L.
Old 26th June 2018, 17:52

PMoz99 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry deZeng View Post
Absolutely. Same thing happened to me. It locks up your computer and activates a loud warning delivered by a woman with a strong British accident telling the user to immediately call a phone number to avoid damage and loss of files. The only way to stop it is to press and hold in the power button on your CPU (tower) for 20 to 25 seconds. Let it rest for 10 to 15 minutes before booting up again. This is what I was told by a McAfee consumer services tech rep just a week ago.

Sure wish they could catch these little criminals and publicly and summarily execute them. Russian websites are very dangerous to use.

L.
That doesn't sound good. You need a better internet security program.
My Kaspersky Internet Security program blocks the link and stops it from doing anything. Despite the warnings it throws up I have surfed the site for some time today with no ill effects (I have the system and everything backed up so if something goes wrong I can restore it and be back up and running in a short time)
Peter
Old 26th June 2018, 20:33
Alter Hase

Larry deZeng will become famous soon enoughLarry deZeng will become famous soon enough

Peter -

Thanks for the tip. There are several apps now that specifically serve this purpose, including Kaspersky. I have just been too lazy to do anything about it, but I will now as I have some websites I need to visit that are likely to have malware on them.

L.